The Viscofan Group has a Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) policy that entails allocating resources and proprietary know-how in support of social initiatives that contribute to the communities where we have operations.
Some of these social initiatives via different Group subsidiaries in 2017 included:
● Young refugees were given training at Naturin Viscofan (Germany). The company is part of the local organisation Weinheimer Bündnis Ausbildung, which works to help integrate young refugees arriving in Germany through inclusion into the workforce. In this regard, we had a young refugee for one week as an intern at our facilities in March 2017 accompanied by and under the supervision of the human resources department.
● In the Czech Republic in June 2017, several Viscofan CZ employees ran a solidarity race to raise funds for the local NGO Centrum Balzaka, which assists disabled children.
● Viscofan Mexico launched a campaign to help the victims of the earthquakes in Chiapas and Puebla. The initiative collected material aid for the victims, primarily essentials such as food, medical equipment, hygiene products, etc., and donations made by workers and the company. The initiative was channelled through the Zacapu Rotary Club, which handled distribution.
● Ayuda en Acción (Help in Action). Still in Mexico, Viscofan partnered with the Mexican Association to Help Children With Cancer (AMANC). 2017 will mark the third straight year that Viscofan donates $10,000 in support of this association’s efforts in the Mexican State of San Luis Potosí, where Viscofan has a manufacturing plant. The donation will go to supporting treatments, easing the burden of housing, and providing psychosocial support to sick children and their families.
● In Spain, Viscofan S.A. is a co-sponsor of the fifth edition of the “Impulso Emprendedor” (Entrepreneurial Drive) promoted by the Navarran European Business Innovation Centre, whose purpose is to create innovative companies in the region. Viscofan participates as a co-sponsor and mentor in one of the selected projects, providing its corporate vision and knowledge.
● Viscofan is part of the CETENA foundation, which was founded to promote and develop scientific research, technology development and boosting innovation activities to improve company competitiveness.
● Orizont Project. Viscofan is collaborating with this project led by the Government of Navarre, which aims to finance and advise on various agrifood entrepreneurship projects intended to be implemented in the region.
● Museo del Prado Foundation. Viscofan’s desire to promote art and culture has led the company to sponsor some cultural initiatives led by the Prado Museum.
● Library of the Monastery of Leyre. For yet another year, Viscofan has collaborated in the project restoring several books of the Monastery of Leyre (Navarre) dating back to the 16th and 17th centuries.
IN 2017 THE VISCOFAN GROUP HAS ALLOCATED RESOURCES AND PROPRIETARY KNOW-HOW IN SUPPORT OF SOCIAL INITIATIVES THAT CONTRIBUTE TO THE COMMUNITIES WHERE WE HAVE OPERATIONS.
We use our own and third-party cookies to improve our services and show you advertising related to your preferences by analyzing your browsing habits. If you go on surfing, we will consider you accepting its use. You can get more information, or know how to change the configuration in our Cookies Policy. Accept